Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.
Ted Davis, professor of the history of science, has been named an affiliate fellow in the Department of the History of Science at the University of Oklahoma, one of the oldest and largest such departments in the world. This affiliation brings access to their library system, including a world-class collection of rare scientific books, the opportunity to assist graduate students in their research, and other benefits.
On June 6-8, Ted Davis, professor of the history of science, and Robin Collins, professor of philosophy, led a workshop on Christianity and science at the Center for Pastor Theologians in Oak Park, Ill.
All-Comer track & field meets at Messiah
All-Comer track & field meets at Messiah College on Tuesdays: June 7, 14, 21, 28 at 6:30 p.m. Information and schedule available at www.GoMessiah.com/allcomer.
Falcon Exchange summer counter hours
Effective this week, Falcon Exchange will be open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We will return to our normal daily operating schedule of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 15.
It’s that time of year again when people head to the pools and beaches. While water can be refreshing and relaxing, it can also be deadly. Drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional death in children ages 1 to 14. And drowning isn’t limited to pools, rivers and oceans. Nearly 30 percent of home drowning incidents occur when a child is left alone in the bathtub. The National Safety Council offers tips on water safety – please take the time to read them! It could save a life.
Upcoming summer conferences
- United Methodist: Thursday, June 9 through Saturday, June 11. Main sessions in Sollenberger Sports Center and Eisenhower Campus Center. Expect 1600. Employees that park in VV (visitor) lot should park behind Frey and the Library on Thursday and Friday.
- Harrisburg Academy Graduation: Friday, June 10, 3-5 p.m., High Center. Expect 200. Handicapped parking will be in the front of the High Center, others will park in Starry Parking Lot.
- Girls’ Soccer Day and Baseball Day Camp: Monday, June 13 through Friday, June 17. Expect traffic in morning and afternoon near Starry parking lot as the players are dropped off/picked up.
Oakes Museum summer events
Summer is almost here and we have many exciting activities at the Oakes Museum. Be sure to check out our Saturday Curator Club for grades 3-5 and CC2 for grades 6-8. We are adding some exciting family programs in July and August, including a family day where your whole family can visit for only $10! Plus, five lab classes will be offered beginning in August. We will also offer three “Super Saturdays” with special activities including hikes, behind the scenes tours and exhibit talks. Admission to Super Saturdays is FREE to the Messiah College community. For more details visit our website: http://www.messiah.edu/oakes
2003 Mercury Sable Premium, in great condition. 100,015 miles. Fully loaded: leather interior, sun roof, CD changer. All maintenance records are available from the time the car was purchased new in 2003. $3,100 OBO. Contact Brad Markley at ext. 3500 or email@example.com. Pictures are available by request.
Fitness equipment, snow-blower, lawn mower and Billy Goat
- Weight set with Marcy pro bench, Olympic bar and 140# weights. Excellent condition, $150. Dumbbell set ranging from 1# to 25# with rack, $75. Speed Bag, $95 and UFC Heavy Bag, $70.
- Daye snow blower used only one season. Purchased new, $795; Asking $495.
- 21 inch Aries mower self-propelled $125, 10 inch Southern States mower, used but runs, $20.
- Billy Goat with a rear wheel drive and top-fill design with an adjustable intake, three speed transmissions, a 30-gallon zipperless bag, and a quality Honda engine. Purchased new $1,750, asking $500.
Pictures for all items are attached here. If interested, please contact Sally Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Fridge: Frigidaire stainless steel 4.5 cubic ft. fridge available for free. Temperature regulation issues. Keeps food extra cold causing carbonated beverages to explode but otherwise in great condition. Available for pick up in Boyer Hall. Contact Amy Cook at email@example.com.